The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation says a kidnapped boy from Florida may be in New Brunswick.
Jorge “JoJo” Morales Jr. was final seen on Aug. 27 at his mom’s residence in Miami, Fl.
The Miami-Dade Police Department says the six-year-old was picked up by his paternal grandmother, Lilliam Pena Morales, and his father, Jorge Morales, didn’t return him – violating a courtroom order.
His mom, Yanet Conception, reported the incident to police and a Missing Child Alert was issued for the boy on Aug. 31, which was later upgraded to an Amber Alert in the state of Florida.
Conception says JoJo is on the autism spectrum and has issue speaking generally.
He is described as Hispanic, three-feet tall and 50 kilos with brown hair and brown eyes.
On Wednesday, the U.S. National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) posted to Facebook what it says is new surveillance video of the boy.
It says the video exhibits JoJo, his father and JoJo’s paternal grandmother at a Walgreens retailer in Houlton, Maine.
The NCMEC says Jorge Morales, 45, and Lilliam Pena Morales, 68, are needed on a felony cost of interfering with the custody and concealing of a minor.
The United States Marshals Service is providing a reward of as much as $5,000 every for data resulting in their arrests.
The FBI can also be providing a reward of as much as $10,000 for data resulting in JoJo’s restoration and secure return. They additionally say he may be in Maine or japanese Canada.
Last month, the New Brunswick RCMP shared to their social media accounts a Miami-Dade Police Department poster with details about JoJo’s case.
The RCMP stated they continued to observe the state of affairs and that it didn’t “meet the criteria for an AMBER Alert message in our jurisdiction.”
The Saint John Police Force additionally shared an identical publish Saturday morning.
Anyone with details about the case is requested to name the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST or the Miami FBI Field Office at 754-703-2000.